It’s back to school time and that’s also when parents ask almost daily, “what’s for lunch?” Carley Smith, our very own Fairy Gutmother is here to share a few healthy lunchbox ideas and how to keep our little one’s immune systems up through food.
Here’s the recipe for the Kombucha Gummy Bears:
- Blend frozen fruit with kombucha until well combined.
- Pour mixture into saucepan and heat on lowest temperature possible. Be careful not to bring to a boil here as you do not want to destroy health benefits of kombucha.
- Add gelatin 1TBS at a time and whisk until combined.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool slightly, then add MCT oil and mix well.
- Pour sauce into ramekins. It is helpful to have ramekins on a cookie sheet so that they are easy to transport to the fridge.
- Place ramekins in fridge for about 30 minutes to 1 hour until firm.
- Gently pop out the molds and enjoy!