These cookies give me LIFE. I’ve wanted to make a suuuuuuper dark and rich cookie for a while now, so once I got back in to town from Phoenix, I went straight to the kitchen and got to baking. And then they failed miserably. They tasted amazing but they were thin and crumbly. So I just ate a pound of batter. Rational. Luckily second time’s a charm with these guys because the second version came out amazing! In my opinion, which is always right, these cookies are the perfect consistency. And my favorite part is that they are nut-free which means I don’t get completely bloated and break out the second I eat one. It’s magic.
I mentioned yesterday on the blog that we started construction on our master bathroom and here’s the thing – it may end my marriage. Kidding KIDDING. Kind of. Turns out someone jackhammering up the floors while you work from home isn’t great for stress levels. And cutting up chicken then having no where to wash your hands since the water was turned off is pretty annoying. I’m trying to stay out of the house as much as possible throughout all this but I keep getting calls that are pretty important. Like “have you ordered the shower door?” Nope. Hadn’t even thought about it and now I can’t get one for 6 weeks. “Have you decided on tile?” Nope. It keeps me up at night and the stress of it is making my hair fall out, but nope. “Have you picked out faucets?” Nope. Where the hell do I go for that? “Have you picked out paint color?” Hell no, that’s the least of my worries. “Have you gone anywhere to sit on toilets to help you choose a new one?” NOPE, BECAUSE WHO HAS TIME TO SIT ON TOILETS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK???!?!?!? I’m not stressed at all.
I’m thinking I should hit up a yoga or meditation class this week because I’m A MESS. I can’t imagine redoing a kitchen in a house. A bathroom is small enough and I can close my bedroom door for a slightly quieter jackhammer. But a kitchen renovation would make me go truly insane. I’ve already screamed at my husband twice from this renovation (it started 2 days ago) so I know for a fact we would never make it through demolishing our kitchen. It would demolish our lives. I’m thinking a long therapy session is in order soon to help me analyze my psychoness. Until then, you can find me in the corner of my house, eating these cookies, comparing paint colors while my hair falls out. It’s fine. Everything’s fine.
- 8 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons black cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar (85% of higher), roughly chopped
- coarse salt, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add softened butter (or preferred fat), coconut sugar and vanilla extract and beat for about 1 minute. Then add melted chocolate and cocoa powder and beat together for about 15 seconds, scraping down the sides of the bowl to help completely combined. Lastly, add the egg and beat once more for another 10 seconds until well mixed.
- Add cassava flour 1/4 cup at a time and beat until combine. Then add baking soda and salt and beat once more for about 10 seconds. Then fold in chopped chocolate.
- Place in fridge to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to shape 14-15 cookies into round balls and place evenly throughout the baking sheet. Place in oven to bake for 12 minutes then let cool for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack and eating up!
var simpleListUrl = ‘/saved-shopping-lists/’;
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “paleomg08-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “What I Used to Make This Recipe”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “8be1b27f6bc31e9bfeeb4f20bfe36f55”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B005IR6E5A,B005HGOIQ4,B00S5AZRYG,B00C0QJY40”;
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!