Good morning from Phoenix!! Yesterday was a strange day. I was up at 3:30am, in Phoneix by 7am, at a hotel by 9:30am, and met about a hundred women by the end of the day. I’m at a BeautyCounter conference this weekend to learn more about the company and there are about 1500 other women attending. There is also spring training out here and a Michael Bublé concert so there are about 4 BILLION WOMEN HERE! There is a whole lot of estrogen and opinions in the air right now. So much estrogen in the air that my skin is breaking out. That’s a real thing, right?
Whenever I’m at an event or in a large group, I start to get social anxiety and want to leave immediately. So it’s pretty hard work to put on a smiling face and act like I’m not a totally awkward turtle. I’m hoping that working out this morning and working from a coffee shop gives me some ease and tranquility before the storm. Have YOU ever dealt with social anxiety? If you have, you should share how you deal with it because I think more people go through it than is talked about. And I could really use some advice before I walk into the conference on Friday and Saturday to high pitched voices. HELP ME!
But who cares about social anxiety and estrogen, let’s talk about these FRIES. I die. I love them so much. These fries are made with yukon gold potatoes because those are my favorite, but if you are sketched out by white potatoes and think only sweet potatoes are the answer, do you baby boo. These potatoes come out so crispy and perfect from the air fryer and they are topped with pizza sauce and Siete Foods Nacho Cheese (which is totally dairy-free)! But the thing about these pizza fries is that they are totally versatile. Top the fries with whatever YOU love on you pizza. I’m a pretty Basic Ass B*tch so all I wanted was Italian sausage and pepperoni, but you can do whatever you want! If you do dairy, you could even top these off with mozzarella cheese to make them extra cheesy and stringy. I think you’re going to LOVE this recipe!!
- 4 yukon gold potatoes (or whatever white or sweet potato you prefer), cut into fry slices
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado oil
- hefty pinch of salt
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage
- 10-15 pepperoni slices
- 1/4-1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4-1/3 cup dairy-free cheese (I used Siete Foods Nacho Cheese Queso)
- parsley, for garnish
- red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Cut potatoes into fry slices, toss in avocado oil, and sprinkle with salt. Place in an air fryer without overcrowding the basket (I had to cook my potatoes in 2 batches) and cook at 390 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, tossing every 4-5 minutes, until potatoes are crispy.
- While the potatoes are cooking, add italian sausage to a large non-stick skillet and break into pieces, cooking until browned and no pink remains. Remove from pan and set aside. Add pepperoni to the pan and cook pepperoni 1-2 minutes per side.
- Heat up pizza sauce and dairy-free cheese in a saute pan or in the microwave until warm.
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, top with pizza sauce, italian sausage, dairy-fre cheese, pepperoni, parsley and red pepper flakes. Then all you have to do is chow down!
var simpleListUrl = ‘/saved-shopping-lists/’;
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “paleomg08-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “What I Used to Make This Recipe”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “06235ab27a2fdcfb35747fab5cd12a64”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B00TR78QUI,B01D213Y6U,B0082313JE,B0078HXBN6”;
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!