It’s ski swap season in Colorado when skiers and snowboarders can get good deals on used gear or sell what they have to invest in newer stuff. Here’s a list of upcoming ski swaps, four of which are scheduled next weekend.
- Golden: The Colorado Mountain Club will hold its annual fall gear sale Oct. 26 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the American Mountaineering Center on 710 10th St. with 15-20 percent of the proceeds going to support the CMC. Admission is free. Information: cmc.org
- Vail: The 49th annual Vail Ski & Snowboard Swap will be held Oct. 26-28 at the Dobson Ice Arena in Lionshead. The event raises funds for the Ski & Snowboard Club Vail. The event begins Oct. 26 at 5 p.m. with a $15 admission fee for the first two hours. At 7 p.m., the fee drops to $5, and shopping closes at 10 p.m. that day. There is no admission fee for the remaining two days (10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Oct. 27, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Oct. 28). The sale operates by consignment and SSCV will take a 25 percent commission. Information: Call 970-790-5122.
- Greenwood Village: The Greenwood Village REI store at 9000 E. Peakview Ave. is one of 11 in the country holding ski swaps offering “gently used” gear. The event on Oct. 27 (10 a.m. to 1 p.m.) is free for REI members and one guest. Non-members can purchase lifetime membership for $20. Information: 303-221-7759
- Granby: The Grand Nordic Ski Swap will be held Oct. 27 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Snow Mountain Ranch Nordic Center at 1101 County Road 53 in Granby. Bring your sweet tooth and a contribution for a pot luck dessert assortment. Season passes for Snow Mountain Ranch, Devil’s Thumb Ranch and Grand Lake Nordic will be on sale. Information: grandnordic.org/skiswap
- Boulder: The Boulder Nordic Club will conduct its 28th Nordic ski swap on Nov. 7 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Boulder Elks Lodge at 3975 28th Street. There should be skate and classic skis for sale, as well as roller skis and backcountry cross country gear including alpine touring. A portion of proceeds will benefit the Boulder Nordic Junior Racing Team (25 percent from individual sales, $15 from vendors). Information: Eve.McCormick3@gmail.com
- Steamboat Springs: The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club will host a ski swap consignment sale at Howelsen Hill on Nov. 10. The Winter Sports Club, which supports ski and snowboard competitors in alpine and Nordic disciplines, including the only ski jumping operation in Colorado, will retain 35 percent of the proceeds to support its programs. Hours are 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., but the first two hours will cost you a $5 donation to get “Early Bird” admission. Information: Call 970-879-0695, ext. 100.