Research of the Week
Sugar may alter collagen synthesis in the joints, increasing the risk of osteoarthritis.
Homo erectus: “YOLO!!”
US pollution levels have dropped dramatically.
More religious parents, fewer suicidal thoughts.
Episode 269: Haley Morris: Host Elle Russ chats with Haley Morris, a Primal Health Coach and Life Coach.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here so you never miss an episode.
Interesting Blog Posts
With big brains came mental illness.
A medical student questions the connection between cholesterol and heart disease. Careful!
As if destroying circadian rhythms wasn’t enough, blue light may also be partially responsible for blindness.
There may have been problems with the Cochrane review of the HPV vaccine.
The curious link between intelligence and longevity.
Women survive more heart attacks if their doctor is a woman.
LL-37 is an immune peptide we produce in our bodies that seems to block the progression of Alzheimer’s.
Things I’m Up to and Interested In
Concept I’m pondering: The idea of male stoicism as a sexual strategy.
Study that isn’t quite what it seems: Keto makes the liver more insulin resistant.
What I’m wondering: Is CRISPR working, or is it not?
Announcement I’m pleased to, well, announce: Primal Kitchen® keto-friendly protein bars are coming very soon.
I always love a happy ending: From vegan to successful peddler of sustainable meat bars.
- I love a good slaw, and spicy mango cabbage slaw doesn’t disappoint..
- Perfect for summer: ginger lime grilled shrimp.
One year ago (Aug 5 – Aug 11)
- CrossFit Training: How Going Primal Will Enhance Recovery – Get better faster by reducing unneccesary inflammation.
- 7 Healthy Coffee Ideas for Every Primal Taste – Coffee is perfect by itself, but there are other ways, too.
Comment of the Week
“I cantankerously disagree with you Mark… curls may be performed in the squat rack under ANY the following conditions…
1. the user is using chain weight as accommodating resistance (this looks really cool)
2. it’s a whole body ballistic movement
3. squats are indeed being performed while curling, and…
4. farmed salmon and skim milk make up your brotein shake
This is an exhaustive list, so don’t even try.”
– I won’t, Liver King.
})( jQuery );
eventCategory: ‘Ad Impression’,