Errrrmerrrgerrrrd. Yesterday was one hella crazy travel day. It started in paradise and ended in pitch black Denver. Definitely not my favorite travel day to date. Here’s how it went down –
- Go through Aruba customs then US customs all at the Aruba airport.
- Get to Miami and think life is all good since we didn’t have to go through US customs in Miami.
- Get to our gate then find out it has moved.
- Go to the other gate.
- Find out it’s moved back to the original gate.
- Go back to the first gate.
- Get 10 notifications about delayed flight status.
- Get on the flight.
- Then get asked to get back off the flight because they didn’t have pilots.
- Watch as the airline hands out snacks to the crowd who pounces on it like we’re in the zombie apocalypse.
- Listen to a 3 year old grunt-scream-cry as his poor parents could really do nothing. You parents out there who are brave enough to travel with toddlers are pure saints. I don’t know how you do it.
- Watch the mother cry. So sad.
- See the dirtbag Colorado hippies talk sh*t about the family doing the best to quiet their child.
- Hate those humans.
- Wait around for 4 hours.
- Flight cancelled.
- Decision made to stay in airport instead of going to a hotel to sleep for 2 hours before going back through MIA security hell.
- Try to sleep on the floor of the airport and get too grossed out. Wearing shorts, can’t do it.
- Stay up until flight to Chicago.
- Sleeping pill.
- Don’t know what happened after that.
But I was in Aruba and Aruba is the best place on earth so I have no room to complain by any means. I’m going to do an entire recap of my experience in Aruba soon, but the gist is – Aruba is the best island ever and I’m already planning when I can go back again. I just obviously need to figure out a different flight option because that one just wasn’t the greatest.
But who cares about my complaining ass, let’s talk about this dip! So this dip was inspired by a feta avocado dip that my friend always makes. Feta is the best. But it’s not something I should eat regularly and I know a lot of people can’t have it at all, so I wanted to add my own flare to this dip. And in turn, I came up with a completely different dip all together with ingredients I had on hand. It just mixes up the normal guac game and it’s perfect for topping on burgers, salads or whatever the hell else you can come up with. You’re creative, I trust you.
Someone I don’t trust at the moment is myself since I’m high on sleeping pills, I haven’t brushed my teeth, and I’m dirty AF from the airport floor. Maybe even as dirty as those Colorado hippies.
Nope. There’s no way. Not possible.
I’m delirious. Kbye.
- 3 avocados, diced
- 1 package of almond milk soft cheese*
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 – 1 english cucumber, diced
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- hefty pinch of salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Eat with chips, veggies or just a damn spoon!
*I used Kite Hill soft original almond milk cheese
var simpleListUrl = ‘http://paleomg.com/saved-shopping-lists/’;
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”; amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “paleomg08-20”; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”; amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”; amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”; amzn_assoc_region = “US”; amzn_assoc_title = “What I Used To Make This Recipe”; amzn_assoc_linkid = “b075f60a4fec2214ba7131cc70b20f04”; amzn_assoc_asins = “B06X9KH5T7,B002RL9DMQ,B00KSMBL26,B01FT7T8XS”;
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!