Hellooooo! How you doing baby booboo boo boo? Oh, are we not close enough for me to call you that? That’s fair.
I’m so pumped for this recipe! I have always kind of hated pot roast and I don’t hate this one! It’s so damn easy thanks to the instant pot. And you can add whatever veggies you want to it! I know peas aren’t considered paleo, but I had them from the holidays and I didn’t want them to go to waste! And yes, this can be made in the crockpot if you don’t have an instant pot! I have no idea how long it would have to cook though. Because I didn’t make it in a crockpot. Duh.
So guess what? Just yesterday I got back to town to my little puppy and right now I’m leaving him, heading to the airpot to go to Austin. I’m so pumped to go to Austin because AUSTIN IS THE BEST, but I’m so sad to leave Jackson. He’s just the best and I was already gone for 3 days and now I’ll be gone for 4 and then after a few days back at home, I’ll be gone for 5 more days. Insert painful cry face emoji. But a couples vacation was needed so that’s what we are planning to do! We rented an awesome airbnb, we are going to eat at all my favorite places AND hopefully some new restaurants, listen to some live music, and who knows what else. If you have any recommendations, let me know! We are down to do anything!
Want to see what I’m packing?! No? OK!! My girlfriend and I are planning to get a couple workouts in so I’m bringing plenty of activewear so I have no excuse to skip a workout. And it’s suppose to be in the mid 70’s every single day so lots of jeans and comfy tops!
But what else should we do? Any place we should go? Restaurant we should try? I always use other people’s recommendations, especially since I’ve been to Austin so many times and have tried so many restaurants already! Always looking for something new!
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 4 pound chuck roast, wrapped in twine
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 russet potatoes, rinsed and cubed
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup peas
- 28 ounces beef broth
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 sage leaves, bundled
- 5 thyme sprigs, bundled
- 5 rosemary sprigs, bundled
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Press Sauté function on instant pot*. Once hot, add ghee. Salt the outside of the chuck roast then place in the basin of the instant pot and sear chuck roasts on all sides, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Once chuck roast is completely seared, remove and set aside. Press keep warm/cancel on instant pot. Place all veggies in the instant pot. Use a knife to cut 5 small holes in the chuck roast and press the garlic cloves into each hole. Place the chuck roast on top of the veggies.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the beef broth, coconut aminos, tomato paste, red pepper flakes and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Pour mixture into the instant pot. Use twine to tie together sage, thyme and rosemary then add that to the instant pot, as well.
- Secure lid, close off pressure valve then press manual to high pressure and press the up button until the time hits 90 minutes. Once time is up, quick release to let the pressure out then remove lid.
- Remove chuck roast from instant pot, cut twine and use two forks to shred the meat. Strain vegetables from liquid and add the meat to the vegetables. Before serving, pour some of the liquid from the instant pot over meat. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
*I have an 8 quart instant pot
var simpleListUrl = ‘http://paleomg.com/saved-shopping-lists/’;
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”; amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “paleomg08-20”; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”; amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”; amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”; amzn_assoc_region = “US”; amzn_assoc_title = “What I Used To Make This Recipe”; amzn_assoc_linkid = “ad3e1b3c62299606870c3dcfceb93d3c”; amzn_assoc_asins = “B00VXQGY1Y,B019QR8MQQ,B001O8PKV6,B00FLYWNYQ”;
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!