Is it holiday cookie season yet?! I feel like it can always be holiday cookie season. Thanksgiving party coming up? Bring some cookies! Work party? Bring some cookies? Friday movie night? Bake some cookies! See! It’s always time for cookies!
And with all the cookies ahead of us during the holiday season, it’s the perfect time to add some nutrients to them! If you haven’t tried Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts (aka shelled hemp seeds) yet, they versatile seeds that have two times more protein, 70% more iron and 25% more omegas-3 and 6 than flax seeds! And they are lower in carbohydrates than both chia and flax seeds. Hemp is a super plant and Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts use that super plant to add a rich nutty taste to any meal. But they don’t just add a delicious flavor to cookies…you can put them on top of yogurt, add texture to baked goods or blend into other recipes. I use hemp hearts on top of my Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl for extra protein and nutrients and I’ll top off my open faced salmon and prosciutto sandwiches for more texture and flavor!
Hemp hearts also offer a sustainable farming solution! The varieties of hemp that are grown for food purposes reach a height of about five feet. Once hemp starts to grow, it has a broad leaf that helps to naturally suppress weeds which means that no pesticides or herbicides are needed to successfully grow hemp. How cool is that? Manitoba Harvest hemp foods pack a nutritional punch with their hemp products being high in protein and healthy fats.
And right now, Manitoba Harvest wants to give away a special prize pack so you can try out their products and add more nutrients to all of your dishes! All you have to do is comment below telling me how you have or how you would use Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts to add flavor and texture to your meals. My favorite way is definitely on top of smoothies or smoothie bowls for extra protein! And if you’re still not sure how to use them, you can click here to see a ton of different recipes on their site! Then be sure to leave your comment below because a winner will be chosen to win this Manitoba Harvest prize pack! I will contact the winner through the email provided when leaving the comment!
Now in the meantime, let’s get our nutrient packed cookies on!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together tahini, maple sugar and vanilla extract using a large spoon. Then add egg and mix again until well combined.
- Then add cassava flour, ground ginger, baking soda, salt and Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts then mix to combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out around 2 tablespoons of dough and make into a round ball. Place parchment paper lined baking sheet. This dough will create 15 cookies. Once you’ve placed all the dough onto the baking sheet, use a fork to only slightly press down each cookie dough ball.
- Place baking sheet into the oven and bake for 10-13 minutes until browned and slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes then move to cooling rack. Then eat up buttercup!
var simpleListUrl = ‘http://paleomg.com/saved-shopping-lists/’;
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”; amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”; amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “paleomg08-20”; amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”; amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”; amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”; amzn_assoc_region = “US”; amzn_assoc_title = “What I Used To Make This Recipe”; amzn_assoc_linkid = “a548aee53424f91dec53dce6b7bb37f2”; amzn_assoc_asins = “B00856TSCC,B004TSPMEI,B0000CDVD2,B01JRNNUU2”;
More Cookies For Ya!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post is brought to you by Manitoba Harvest. I may be compensated for this post and through my affiliate links, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!